United States Flag Etiquette: Proper Folding
The United States Flag is far more than just a decoration. Itís a symbol of all that America stands for. As such, there is proper United States flag etiquette that should be learned. Here at Independence Bunting, we believe that with all of our hearts. So weíre glad to share with the visitors to our site the proper method for folding the Stars and Stripes:
1. Begin by holding it at waist level, along with a helper, so that itís parallel to the earth.
2. Fold the stripe sectionís lower half over the star field lengthwise. Hold both top and bottom edges snugly.
3. Now fold it lengthwise once more. Make sure the blue star field is on the outside.
4. Bring the striped corner of the folded edge over, meeting the top edge of the flag. When this is done correctly, you will have made a triangular fold.
5. Now form another triangle by turning the outer edge inside and parallel to the open one.
6. Continuing folding in triangles. When finished you should only see a portion of the blue star field. The flag may then be properly stored until itís time once again to raise it.
We hope that this information on United States flag etiquette is helpful to you. We also trust that youíll take some time to browse our website and see the many finely crafted, made in the USA products we have to offer. Whether you need a US flag or some other item, you can be assured that everything we sell is top-quality and backed by our 7 day no-hassle return policy. Orders usually ship within 3 business days, and we have both UPS and US postal service delivery. With UPS, we also offer your choice of Ground, Next Day, 2nd Day, or 3rd Day shipping. Full details on all our products and policies are available on our site.